A while back I went through my collection of paintings and picked out ones that I didn’t feel were quite finished, or had gotten to their true personality. Some of them I didn’t want to revisit and I donated them to the charity shop or else threw them out. And the ones I felt a connection to, however faint, I got to work in trying to pull more out of the picture. I will show you a small selection of three paintings that went through this process.
Here’s the original version.
As in the painting I showed in an earlier post, I Reach Out in Hope, I felt I had not gotten the depth of color I wanted and I thought the painting needed more punch. I also wanted there to be more elements in the picture.
Here it is after my work. I kept the basic structure but added more paint, did a lot of work with my acrylic markers, and revised the composition to put in a house and to define the sky.
Now I am at peace with this picture and I feel it says what I want it to say.